Legal Secretary - Commercial Property up to £24,000
My client is looking to recruit a highly experienced Legal Secretary to provide effective secretarial and administrative support and assistance to fee earners within the Commercial Property department.
Providing full legal secretarial support within the Commercial Property Unit in order to ensure a first class legal service is provided to our Clients. This will include working independently and within a team environment across our Commercial Property teams - Planning, Construction, and Property Litigation. Key activities are likely to include:
Duties will include: -
- Provide audio and copy typing support via a digital dictation system using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel etc.
- Produce bills and other relevant financial information and reports on an appropriate basis eg monthly;
- Dealing with basic client enquiries in the absence of or on behalf of lawyers, taking and forwarding messages as appropriate;
- Effective diary management, to include arranging meetings, conferences/seminars and other related appointments, booking meeting rooms, arranging travel and accommodation and operating an effective follow-up/reminder system and managing out of office messages and voicemail systems etc;
- Deal with all incoming correspondence, taking care that during the absence of lawyers anything of an urgent nature is seen immediately by another lawyer in the team/Unit;
- Provide support and assistance with client meetings and events.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous legal secretarial experience, ideally within a relevant area of Commercial Property work e.g. planning, construction etc;
- Excellent IT skills, in particular experience of using digital dictation and Microsoft Office (in particular proven skills in document management in Word and also Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint experience etc);
- A commitment to delivering an excellent and professional support to others;
- The ability to plan ahead, to problem solve and to have the confidence and ability to work on one's own initiative where necessary;
- An ability to work in a demanding environment, adhering to strict deadlines;
- Fast, accurate touch-typing speed (at least 70wpm);
- An accurate and methodical approach to work, ensuring that processes, procedures etc are followed correctly;
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Strong commitment to client care and to providing a friendly and helpful service and able to create and build a rapport with clients and contacts;
CLD Recruitment (Leeds) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. CLD Recruitment (Leeds) Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
How to apply