My client a leading Law Firm are looking for a Conveyancing Assistant to join their Bradford office. The main purpose of this role is to provide administrative and paralegal support to a Conveyancing fee earner.
- Type correspondence and documents, and draft appropriate legal documents ensuring accuracy at all times. Issue sales contracts.
- Receive incoming telephone calls, dealing with queries or taking messages as appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to clients ensuring that the client is regularly kept informed of progress and costs.
- Liaise with estate agents, solicitors and other external customers as required.
- Deal with all cheques or cash received or despatched in accordance with the partnership procedures.
- Prepare monthly bills for clients.
- Undertake the necessary administrative tasks in opening and closing files.
- Undertake and issue searches on purchase matters.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date filing system.
- Participate in the Firm's appraisal process and ensure personal objectives are met.
- Develop a good relationship with existing and potential clients ensuring that a high standard of client care is exercised at all times.
- Undertake relevant training subject to the approval of your Department Head, to ensure you are kept up to date with relevant legislation and practice.
- Ensure all work is carried out is in accordance with SRA Regulations.
- Be aware of your responsibilities under health and safety legislation to ensure that you do not compromise a safe working environment for yourself and colleagues.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities with due regard to the firm's Equality & Diversity Policy.
- 3+ years in Conveyancing
- Computer literate including MS Office
- Advanced MS Word including Track Changes
- High attention to detail/accuracy
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
If you are an experienced Conveyancing Assistant interested in this role, Please apply ASAP!
CLD Recruitment (Leeds) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. CLD Recruitment (Leeds) Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
How to apply